Plus 3 Trip to Chile

Saturday, May 21, 2011

Thursday May 20th

Thursday we had nothing scheduled till 12 which at that time we were going to meet to go to the university. So after a late night out, we all got to sleep in a bit which was very nice saying as we were running on very little sleep this entire trip. When we woke up, a couple of other girls and I headed over to some shops to do some last minute souvenir shopping. They have some really cute shops along the beach and in the strip where we ate lunch the very first day. So after we shopped we headed back to the hotel. When we got to the university, we listened to Werner talk about studying abroad at Universidad de Santa Maria. I was really interested in it. On this trip, I’ve really come to love Vina and the culture here, and not to mention all of the amazing friends I’ve made here. Listening to him talking about the option to study abroad here really is making me consider it. After the seminar, we grabbed some lunch from the cafeteria and then met some of the other Chileans at a court to play a pick-up game of soccer. I really had a great time. I love playing sports, and getting to play with the Chileans was really cool because they are so good at soccer! I managed to get the ball into the goal twice, so I was pretty happy with myself and even though I got to play on the Chilean team, we somehow still managed to lose! I couldn’t believe it, or maybe they were just taking it easy on the gringos (; Afterwards, our boys got to show off their basketball talents since the Chileans clearly dominated with their soccer skills. It was fun, although I forgot how much cardio it takes to run back and forth for a game of basketball. After the activities, we headed back to the hotel to shower. Then around nine, we met everyone we were basically hanging out with for the past two weeks for pizza at Diegos. The pizza was really good, and again I really enjoyed spending time with everyone. When we were finishing up, Werner gave us all these really nice sweatshirts with the University de Santa Maria logo and the Pitt crest embroidered on the sleeve. I can’t wait to wear it.
Since it was technically our last night in Chile, all of our Chilean friends went out with us to give us a night we would never forget and I’m absolutely sure I won’t. I’ve never had so much fun. They really helped us live our last night up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home